Every year, we make promises to make better food choices, lose weight, take better care of ourselves, have better looking skin, to look and feel better…
Here’s a STEP BY STEP Guide to FEELING BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF broken down to FIVE EASY STEPS. Let’s start simple, one step at a time. It always starts with self-care. YOU can’t take care of anyone else until you take care of yourself FIRST. What do they tell you on the airplane, “place the mask on yourself first before you help your child or anyone else.”
STEP 1: More sleep, fresh air, and a daily walk
Simple, don’t get crazy, just start small and simple BUT DO IT. Start with a 5 minute walk everyday. Increase to 10 minutes after 3 days, then 20 minutes after 10 days. Add a 1-3 lb ankle weight. Increase to 30 minutes after 2 weeks. Write it on your calendar. If you miss a day, start again. Just don’t stop. Walk at least 3-5 days a week.
STEP 2: More vegetables
Stop eating earlier in the evening; stop eating when you’re not hungry, BEFORE you feel full. More water, less alcohol. EAT WHAT YOU WANT BUT JUST LESS OF IT. Start with small changes that you can do everyday, you don’t need to be so severe. Forgive yourself if you stumble, start again the next day. You never fail until you stop. Write down what you eat, we all lose track.
STEP 3: MY AM DAILY SELFCARE SKINCARE ROUTINE
Anyone who tells you it doesn’t matter how you look, “you’re subjecting yourself to society’s norms” is F’d up.
YOUR SKIN IS YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION, MAKE IT A MEMORABLE ONE! This IS readily in your control and you can SEE RESULTS WITHIN 3 MONTHS with Dr Koo Private Practice products.
How you feel psychologically is 100% linked to how you perceive yourself. If you like the way you look, you are happier and more confident and more likely to continue your healthier lifestyle choices. If you don’t like the way you look, you may become more anxious, depressed, and withdrawn. Your cortisol levels go up, you don’t socialize, you withdraw, you eat out of boredom and for comfort.
All studies have shown that high cortisol levels can lead to greater inflammation, faster aging, endocrine imbalance, stress, depression, and weight gain.
Do you want to break the cycle? Start SIMPLE, start small. FEEL BETTER, MORE CONFIDENT, and SHOW UP FOR YOURSELF.
SHOW UP AS A GLAM STAR AT THE HOLIDAY PARTIES BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! SURPRISE YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
If you’ve never had a DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE, I’ll walk you through this and explain WHY you need what. Do it every morning and every night. If you brush your teeth daily, you got this!
BTW, you want AND need physician-grade, physician-quality skincare that creates visible skin change. If you’re going to spend the money and effort, it should work! FOLLOW THE SCIENCE, FOLLOW DR KOO SKINCARE like 1000’s of my patients who have experienced the secret and keep coming back.
AM: Follow in this order
- Splash of water on your face to remove the products from the previous night. If you have oily or blemish prone skin, use the appropriate cleanser for your skin type, otherwise a splash of water is all you need. Your skin doesn't really become dirty at night. If you sweat or have blemish prone skin, it is a good idea to cleanse your pores with an EXFOLIATING CLEANSER in the morning.
- PIGMENT REFINER: Why do you need a pigment refiner? Do you ever see yourself in photos and wonder why you look so sallow? It is because you are.
- To regain that glow and remove the olive, sallow pigment of age and sun damage, use a pigment refiner, either a light one (LEVEL 1) to remove slight discoloration or a stronger one (LEVEL 3) to lessen deeper stubborn discoloration and spots. Dr Koo’s Pigment Refiners contain kojic acid, arbutin, tyrosinase inhibitors, niacinamide, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate for the ultimate compendium of physician quality and concentration of active ingredients to get the job done!
- VITAMIN SERUM: This contains Vitamins C, D, E, F and K! Think of this as your own medical supply cabinet. It offers all the medical nutrients to boost collagen, elastin production to smooth texture, increase firmness, while controlling pigmentation. Wow what a 5X solution!
- ESSENTIAL HYDRATION: Every skin type needs hydration. Find the right level of hydration for your skin
- HYALURONIC ACID: To protect your skin from damage and give you that extra collagen boost for firmness and radiance. MYST throughout the day for extra hydration and protection. (Did you know well hydrated skin ages slower and damages less?)
STEP 4: MY PM DAILY SELFCARE SKINCARE ROUTINE
PM: Follow in this order
- CLEANSE YOUR FACE: this is non negotiable. No matter how tired you are, you must first remove your makeup, then cleanse your face with the appropriate cleanser for your decade of life and skin hydration. Going to bed with a dirty face is like using a dirty diaper. The cleanser will remove the debris from your pores allowing them to tighten. This preps your skin for the active ingredients to follow.
- RETINOL: why does EVERYONE younger or older need RETINOL? It is THE workhorse and backbone of youthful, plump, firm, healthy skin. Think of it as your trainer to tone and firm your muscles, making you look jacked and tight! RETINOL has the most science backed data of any skin care ingredient available. With continuous use, the results of RETINOL speak for themselves. However, NOT all RETINOLS are alike. Not all RETINOLS can achieve the same visible skin change results.
- There is a vast difference between prescription and over the counter RETINOL, and even more of a difference amongst over the counter RETINOLS.
- You don’t need prescription RETINOLS to achieve the results you want, and they may not be safe for you. Consistent use with Dr Koo RETINOL will achieve the visible skin change of improved firmness, plumpness, and smoothness. There are 4 concentrations of RETINOL designed for your decade of life and skin need. The appropriate level of buffered and supported RETINOL will not irritate your skin.
- VITAMIN SERUM: just like in the AM, your skin needs nutrition at night while it is resting to rebuild and replenish the collagen and elastin fibers. Open up your medical supply cabinet and feel the 5X power of VITAMINS C, D, E, F, & K. Let the plumpness, smoothness, firmness, and brightness begin!
- ESSENTIAL HYDRATION: protect your skin from evaporation at night and let the healing and building continue. Night time is rest time which is essential for rebuilding and recovery. All cells go through diurnal cycles and night time is optimal for skin repair. Dr Koo’s 4 types of ESSENTIAL HYDRATION is designed to protect and seal YOUR type of skin without clogging your pores, allowing efficient cellular respiration without suffocation.
- HYALURONIC HYDRATION MYST: for that extra layer of protection to promote skin regeneration and to slow the aging process!
You simply want the short cut SELF CARE SKINCARE? What is the minimal MUST HAVES for plump, radiant PARTY READY HEALTHY SKIN forever?
FOR FAST HOLIDAY GLAM
"Holiday Glam": [Retinol Level 3, Pigment Level 3, AOVS, Myst] --all ages
FOR ALL EYES ON YOU
“All Eyes On You”: [AOVS, Myst, Pigment Level 3]
FOR DULL, 45+ SKIN
“Poof: 20 Years Gone": [Level 4 Retinol, AOVS, Myst] --45+
FOR SKINCARE BEGINNERS
"Where Do I Start" [level 1 retinol, level 1 pigment, exfoliating cleanser, AOVS] -- all ages beginner audiences